Thanks to everyone who is interested in my blog. It will be documenting my process in Design school at KU. I hope everyone enjoys it, and feel free to comment on anything you see.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Packaging Redesign

The purpose of this project is to take an existing fast food packaging experience and try to improve on that experience by changing the appearance, utility, and eco-friendliness of the packaging.
I chose Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers as the packaging I wanted to redesign.
Here are pictures of the initial experience I had when I visited Freddy's:


The main issues that I had with the packaging were that the color palette was very simple; using mainly white, black and red. I also found that while I liked the slanted opening of the fry container, it was a little too skinny and that made it somewhat difficult to get the fries at the bottom. The hamburger package was a complete fail because it looked like a normal clamshell box, but for some reason it was very difficult to work with and to get the burger in and out of it. Another issue I came across, as I'm sure many others have as well, is that there is no way of dipping the fries in condiments because there is nowhere to put them. So unless you want to make a complete mess, especially while driving, you have to eat your fries without and dressing. I did appreciate that most of their materials, apart from the soda cup, were recyclable and biodegradable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment